National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Assistant position at the Orthopedic Surgery Department of Yong Loo Lin Medical College. The Department is actively engaged in cutting-edge research that encompasses basic scientific research and translational application. The project focuses on the application of stem cells for cartilage regeneration and involves the study of the functional alteration of stem cells in accordance with substrate manipulation and biophysical stimulation.
The Research Assistant (RA) will be responsible for and work closely with the Principal Investigator and members of the study team to ensure the successful completion of the project on schedule. The main role of the RA will be to work in general practices such as cell culture, to conduct experiments and perform various biochemical and histological analyses, and to assist in the study of animals.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The RA must:
- Undertake daily project management and collaborate with team members, analyze data and maintain the project database;
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures;
- Assist with general laboratory upkeep, such as stock keeping and equipment maintenance;
- Participate in any other task of a similar nature delegated by the PI.
The applicant must have:
- Relevant education in life sciences or bioengineering
- Experience in laboratory work, preferably includes cell culture techniques and PCR analysis
- Strong aptitude for research work; desire to acquire new laboratory techniques
- Good oral and written communication skills;
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal inquiries are welcome and should be directed to Dr Yang Zheng at firstname.lastname@example.org
Formal request: Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, together with a detailed CV (including personal information, academic and professional background, full list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 3 referees at Ms Chua Li Ping at email@example.com
We regret that only shortlisted candidates are notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our top priorities, and the COVID vaccination supports our commitment to keeping our community safe and making NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. . Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interaction with students/staff/audience members. Even for professional roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence will be required.
Considering the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone on campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to gain successful employment with NUS .
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department: orthopedic surgery
Eligible Employee Referral: Nope
Job Application ID: 12314