National University of Singapore is inviting applications for the post of Research Assistant at the Orthopedic Surgery Department of Yong Loo Lin Medical College. Appointments will be made on the basis of a one-year contract. The Department is actively engaged in cutting-edge research that encompasses basic scientific research and translational application. We have a very strong research culture that emphasizes translating our discoveries from bench to bedside and developing new and useful therapies.
The Research Assistant (RA) will be responsible for and work closely with the Principal Investigator and members of the study team to ensure the successful and timely completion of the project. The main role of the RA will be to work in general practices such as cell culture and various biochemical histological analyses, and to participate in the animal study.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The Research Assistant will liaise with relevant staff on the project team and be accountable to the Principal Investigator (PI).
The RA must:
- Undertake daily project management and collaborate with team members, analyze data and maintain the project database;
- Participate in the study of animals, such as preparation before the operation, assistance with the operation and care of the animals after the operation;
- Undertake tissue processing and immuno-histochemical analysis and histomorphogenic analysis
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures;
- Assist with general laboratory upkeep, such as stock keeping and equipment maintenance;
- Participate in any other task of a similar nature delegated by the PI.
The applicant must have:
- A bachelor’s degree from a reputable university, preferably in the life sciences;
- Experience in laboratory work;
- Experience in PCR and histology;
- Experience in cell culture and/or animal handling;
- Strong aptitude for research work;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
The candidate should have no aversion to working with animals, especially rodents.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal inquiries are welcome and should be directed to Dr Yang Zheng at email@example.com
Official request: Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, together with a detailed CV (including personal details, academic and professional background, full list of publications/oral presentations) and full contacts of 3 referees per April 15, 2022 for Ms Chua Li Ping at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our top priorities, and the COVID vaccination supports our commitment to keeping our community safe and making NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. . Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interaction with students/staff/audience members. Even for professional roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences will be required.
As per Singapore legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on NUS premises from January 15, 2022. Thus job applicants will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to gain successful employment with NUS .
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department: orthopedic surgery
Eligible Employee Referral: No
Job Application ID: 12314