by: Content sponsored by Middlesex Health
New Haven, Connecticut (WTNH) A new state-of-the-art imaging machine is being used for orthopedic surgeries at Middlesex Health. Doctors say this has a positive impact on the results of surgery.
CT Style Animator Natasha Lubczenko discussed this latest medical innovation with spine surgeons
Dr. Joseph Sohn and Dr. Jeffrey Bash to know more.
The new imaging device is a portable, sophisticated CT scanner that can be used in the operating room. It allows surgeons to visualize the spine and its various complex components in three dimensions, which is truly revolutionary.
Watch this interview to find out why Dr Sohn and Dr Bash want people to know this surgical option is available at Middlesex Health. They discuss the following:
- What are the advantages of this new surgical device?
- How does this device compare to what was used in the past?
- Does it make surgery safer?
- Does this device impact recovery time?
- Why is it important to visualize the patient’s anatomy in real time?
- Is the device only used for spine surgery?
- What type of patient could benefit from it?
For more information, you can visit middlesex.org/orthopedic-services