Boston Children’s Hospital ranked best pediatric orthopedic hospital in US News & World Report

0

We have not been able to process your request. Please try again later. If you continue to experience this problem, please contact customerservice@slakinc.com.

Boston Children’s Hospital has been recognized by American News and World Report as the highest ranked hospital in the country for pediatric orthopedics for the year 2016 to 2017.

“It is humiliating to be considered the best pediatric orthopedic surgery hospital this year”, Peter M. Waters, MD, chief orthopedic surgeon, Boston Children’s Hospital, said Orthopedics today. “I am well aware of the exceptional clinical and research work that my professional colleagues are doing across the country. Together, we all strive to do our best for the children and families we serve. ”

American News and World Report publishes rankings on the following 10 pediatric specialties: cancer; cardiology and cardiac surgery; diabetes and endocrinology; gastroenterology and gastrointestinal surgery; neonatology; nephrology; neurology and neurosurgery; orthopedics; pneumology; and urology. The data used to determine the US News the rankings included clinical data from 183 pediatric centers and the opinions of approximately 11,000 pediatricians and subspecialists surveyed, according to a press release from the publication. As noted on the publication’s website, the data included clinical and operational data regarding complex fractures, surgical complications, and infection prevention to determine 83.3% of score-based hospital assessments. The remaining 16.7% would come from a survey of pediatric cancer specialists and subspecialists. Of the 106 hospitals assessed for the 2016 to 2017 rankings, 78 hospitals were ranked in the top 50 in one or more specialties. by Monica Jaramillo

The references:

www.health.usnews.com

http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/pediatric-rankings/orthopedics


Source link

Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply